Constructed is a format for Dice Masters where each player constructs their team beforehand. They do so by selecting eight Characters or Action Cards, and 20 corresponding dice. They also select two Basic Action Cards. Constructed games are played at 20 life.
- Each card must have at least one die assigned to it.
- No die may have more than its max # of dice assigned to it.
- No player may bring more than 20 Character or Action Dice.
- A player may not bring two characters with the same name, even if they have different subtitles (i.e. Wolverine: Wanted, and Wolverine: Canucklehead).
- Each player must bring exactly two different Basic Action Cards.