Local Candidates Only – Apply Today!
Are you the perfect fit for this career opportunity? Please send your resume, link to portfolio and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject. Thank you!
Are you a 3D artist wanting to work for an industry leader in high-quality pre-painted miniatures and tabletop gaming? WizKids could be just the place for you. WizKids is looking for a Junior Artist to join our team!
- Creation and organization of reference artwork to provide to external artists.
- Verification and correction of received contractor artwork.
- Maintaining and organizing contractor archives.
- Rendering of marketing and production materials.
- Assisting the art team with licensor, and internal revision requests.
- Other duties as requested.
- Must be available to work on site in our Cary, NC office (no compensation for relocation).
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred.
- Entry to intermediate 3D Art skills utilizing Pixologic Zbrush, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong in digital file organization.
- Proactive about responsibilities and approaches them with exceptional attention to detail.
- Fluent in artistic workflows with a solid grasp of proportion, scale, form, and color.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- The ideal candidate will also have a passion for pop culture, including comic books and gaming.
- Any experience in 3D Printing, Molding, and Production of toys is a plus.
- Illustration and Animation skills are a plus.
- Possesses 2+ years of experience in 3D Modeling or Digital Sculpting.
- Use of good judgment and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Art (Character/Environmental/Prop Art, 3D Modeling, Sculpting, Game Development, etc).
Job Type: Contract employee (30 hours/week)
WizKids, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NECA, is more than your typical game and collectible manufacturer – by utilizing many of the world’s leading licenses, WizKids has produced numerous award-winning games and successful products sinceits founding in 2000.
Want to work for an internationally recognized tabletop gaming company? WizKids could be the place just for you. We’re always looking for awesome new talent and if you’re a hard-working, problem solving team player, you’ll fit right in!
At WizKids, we all work together to get the job done. Our fast-paced environment keeps everyone in check and requires constant communication and coordination between all departments such as sales, logistics, graphic design, business development and product management. With endless opportunities, your imagination is your only limitation- and with a small company like WizKids, a great idea can be heard across the whole company.
We love fun and games but make sure we balance our business and pleasure. We pride ourselves on getting the job done while living our lives to the fullest. With flexible hours and schedules, WizKids won’t let your career interfere your personal goals and responsibilities. At the end of the day your work doesn’t go home with you.
You don’t have to be a gamer or comic book fanatic to join the WizKids Team but if you dream of working with some of the biggest gaming, film and comic book licenses out thereon a global scale, apply for a position with us today!