Marketing Assistant at WizKids
Internationally recognized tabletop gaming company is seeking a Marketing Assistant to help support our busy team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented entry level marketer to get real, hands-on experience in a career setting. The Marketing Assistant will have the opportunity to learn from an established team in a fast-paced environment, while in the process, becoming more familiar with what it takes to create, bring to market, and support licensed and non-licensed games.
Exposure to confidential information may occur in the course of normal work, so ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN A NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT.
- Sending review samples, product images or other material to members of the press and following up on coverage.
- Assisting with social media initiatives on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Reddit.
- Proofing announcements, articles, press releases and game components.
- Responding to “general question” emails, or forwarding to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Actively participates in brainstorms and conference calls to develop marketing strategies and analyze opportunities.
- Assemble monthly order form for trade magazine partner.
- Occasionally attending and assisting at consumer and/or trade events.
- Retrieving appropriate art from licensor libraries.
- Assisting replacements department.
- Other duties as requested.
- Currently studying OR have a degree in OR prior experience in PR, marketing, business or a related field.
- Experience with typical office software (we will teach any software required for advanced tasks).
- Use of good judgment and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with fellow team members, public and press.
- Proactive about responsibilities, and approaches them with a great attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will have also have a passion for pop culture, including comic books and gaming.
- Any video editing experience is a plus.
- Must be available to work on site in our New Jersey office.
Job Type Full Time, Employee
WizKids, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NECA, is more than your typical game and collectable manufacturer – by utilizing many of the world’s leading licenses, WizKids has produced numerous award-winning games and successful products since its founding in 2000.
Want to work for an internationally recognized tabletop gaming company? WizKids could be the place just for you. We’re always looking for awesome new talent and if you’re a hard-working, problem solving team player, you’ll fit right in!
At WizKids, we all work together to get the job done. Our fast-paced environment keeps everyone in check and requires constant communication and coordination between all departments such as sales, logistics, graphic design, business development and product management. With endless opportunities, your imagination is your only limitation- and with a small company like WizKids, a great idea can be heard across the whole company.
We love fun and games but make sure we balance our business and pleasure. We pride ourselves on getting the job done while living our lives to the fullest. With flexible hours and schedules, WizKids won’t let your career interfere your personal goals and responsibilities. At the end of the day your work doesn’t go home with you.
You don’t have to be a gamer or comic book fanatic to join the WizKids Team but if you dream of working with some of the biggest gaming, film and comic book licenses out there on a global scale, apply for a position with us today!
Are you the perfect fit for the above career opportunity? Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject. Thank you!