Graphic Design Intern at WizKids
Internationally recognized tabletop gaming company is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to help support our busy team.
The successful candidate will support and assist the marketing and product development teams in the production of graphic design assets for the production, distribution, and marketing of collectible miniatures, action figures, and tabletop gaming products based on some of the most popular IP in the world. This is a unique opportunity to learn about collectible miniatures and game design and production.
All candidates must show a graphic design/art portfolio. Candidates may be required to complete an art test.
Selected individual will be expected to perform the following tasks:
* clerical data entry
* manage, archive, and verify digital art files
* make limited color changes to existing art assets
* assist with senior designers on changes to existing art assets and design layouts
* preparing alternate versions from existing art assets
* prepare final images for internal development
* creating PDF proofs for factory review and licensor approval
* assist in preparing marketing assets for print media and website use
* additional project support for the rest of the graphic design sculpt team during high volume periods
Individual will gain experience in the following:
* High volume production environment workflows
* Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
* 3D Printing workflow for the creation of a wide variety of action figures, miniatures, and collectibles.
* Time management skills
* Self-motivated learner with a desire to improve
* Attention to detail
* Good communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and/or other comparable image editing software
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other similar spreadsheet software
Ideal candidate would also have the following qualifications:
* Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
* Passion for tabletop gaming, collectibles, and pop culture
Part time Time, Paid Internship
WizKids, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NECA, is more than your typical game and collectable manufacturer – by utilizing many of the world’s leading licenses, WizKids has produced numerous award-winning games and successful products since its founding in 2000.
Want to work for an internationally recognized tabletop gaming company? WizKids could be the place just for you. We’re always looking for awesome new talent and if you’re a hard-working, problem solving team player, you’ll fit right in!
At WizKids, we all work together to get the job done. Our fast-paced environment keeps everyone in check and requires constant communication and coordination between all departments such as sales, logistics, graphic design, business development and product management. With endless opportunities, your imagination is your only limitation- and with a small company like WizKids, a great idea can be heard across the whole company.
We love fun and games but make sure we balance our business and pleasure. We pride ourselves on getting the job done while living our lives to the fullest. With flexible hours and schedules, WizKids won’t let your career interfere your personal goals and responsibilities. At the end of the day your work doesn’t go home with you.
You don’t have to be a gamer or comic book fanatic to join the WizKids Team but if you dream of working with some of the biggest gaming, film and comic book licenses out there on a global scale, apply for a position with us today!
Are you the perfect fit for the above career opportunity? Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject. Thank you!